Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Two 20-Minute HIIT Routines

I've been so excited that my back has finally been feeling better. My body definitely needed the break but I'm ready to get back to it! Last week, I took it on the lighter side with some yoga and pilates. The week before I just took the whole week off as rest and it was awesome! I feel very refreshed, and definitely more motivated to workout this week. Sometimes you just need a break and it's so important that you listen to your body.

Friday morning, I did a HIIT circuit and let me tell you my legs were still sore yesterday morning when I went to do the second one! I really love doing HIIT circuits, especially shorter ones that I can add in after a run or lift. I've just been doing the circuits on their own since I'm easing back in to it this week.

They only take about 20 minutes but boy do you feel it!


You can repeat it as many times as you need. If you want the workout to be longer then add more rounds! I rested about a full 15 seconds between each round but I definitely took a couple second water breaks here and there. 

 This is the circuit that I did yesterday morning. It's pretty similar with some of my favorite basic go-tos like high knees, jumping lunges, pop squats, and jumping jacks. I honestly love doing them and always try to incorporate them! I wanted to hit some other muscle groups, though, so I switched up some of the moves.


For the pulsing split squats, I did 5 mini pulses at the bottom of the rep. I would go down as far as I could (make sure you don't lean forward!), and then come up about halfway before going back down. I did that 5 times for each rep, and a total of 10 reps on each leg. 

I actually timed myself for that one and it took me a little under 20 minutes. Again, I rested about 15-20 seconds between rounds, and took a couple fast water breaks. 


Today, I have a run on my schedule and I can't wait to see how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment