Sunday, April 26, 2015

Saturday Workout & Post-Workout Parfait

Hi guys! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far. I know I am, the weather is absolutely gorgeous! It's still on the chiller side, about the upper 40s to mid 50s but honestly that is my ideal range. Call me crazy but I like cooler weather! But you also can't beat the sunshine we're getting and all the green as the trees are filling back up!

I just wanted to do a quick post about yesterday because I'm heading out the door soon to enjoy the sun some more! I'll probably meet up with Hannah and Lola for a walk, and then Amanda wants to do some yard work. I don't ever really end up helping that much because she always tries to collect all the dozens of sticks in our yard buuuut I just throw them around for Layla to fetch hehe :)

Anyway, yesterday morning I did one of my at-home workouts since I'm still resting my foot. I went for a run this past week, and it was okay but felt strained the next morning. So, we'll see how things go! I usually take it easy during the summer anyway because I'm not a big fan of running in the heat and humidity.


After my workout, I did 30 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill to target my quads and abs. All I do is walk at a brisk pace (3.5-4.0) and at the highest incline possible, my treadmill only goes to 10% but the ones at my gym can go that much higher. Since I can't run that much, I substitute my cardio with lots of HIIT sessions and incline walking!

For post-workout, I've really been in to parfaits. The one I made yesterday had:
7 oz plain Chobani greek yogurt
1/4 cup oat flakes
1/4 cup grapes, halved
stevia to sweeten



A lot of people ask the question of what to eat after a workout and honestly I think this is something that varies so much between people. I personally find that it also depends on what I did for my workout. If I lift, I find that I just want straight up protein like in a protein shake but if I run or do HIIT I like a little bit of carbs added in. Which is why I love greek yogurt because it has a ton of protein but also more carbs than my protein powder. Plus, then I add in toppings which are more carb-based and my body is happy! You just have to experiment around and see what works best for you. 

 

Oh! My dad also stopped by today, and him and Amanda have just about finished up the chicken coop! Here's a little sneak peek because I know Amanda will be doing a post about it on her blog, which of course I'll share on here. 


Okay, well I'm heading outside because I keep getting pout-y looks like this since she's dying to be outside too! Layla definitely has the puppy-dog eyes down. She was supervising/helping my dad earlier with the chicken coop but now she's ready to go back out and help spread around, um I mean "collect" the sticks for Amanda haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment