Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Weekend Catch-up!

Hey all! I was going to say happy Monday until I realized that it's actually Tuesday. I had yesterday off work so my week is going to be a little messed up. I wanted to do a quick recap of my Easter weekend, and I hope you all had a good weekend too! Whether or not you celebrate Easter.

So, let's back track to Good Friday. I had that day off as well so I ended up having a four day weekend, it was much needed! Work has been crazy busy lately that I was very thankful for a little break. 

I tried to catch up on work during the day, between some posts and I'm currently working on a new project! I'm very excited about it, but I'm not giving anything away just yet :) it's not really anything to do with blogging but I'm still excited all the same. I was getting caught up in work, and Layla was not happy at all haha! She was laying on my feet for awhile but then decided that she wanted to try to climb up in to my lap. Well, she's around 70lbs so not your typical lap dog size but that doesn't stop her from trying! She likes to do this thing where she puts her front paws and upper half of her body on my lap, and then keeps her back paws on the ground. She laid like this for a long time while I kept on working. Yesterday she did manage to finally get her whole body to curl up on my lap as I sat at the dining room table, it was pretty adorable! Don't worry, she knows she's not allowed to do this when we're eating. I've trained her not to beg, and she knows to leave our food alone.


After dinner, we treated ourselves to frozen yogurt! The place right by our house is still closed from the winter, so all four of us piled in the car and we drove to the next closest place. I've only ever been there once before, but I really like it! I'll definitely be making more trips back there soon. 


I think what won me over is they have a hot fudge and caramel station by the toppings!


Sunday morning before church was Easter basket time! I put together Amanda's basket since she was in charge of doing our mom's, and I had a couple things for Layla, too. There was a sale at Target so I grabbed her a thicker toy since she usually goes through toys like a wood chipper. I also picked up a bag of all-natural chicken jerky for dogs that was on sale. Nothing too crazy!

Also, if you haven't seen it, Big Hero 6 is a really cute movie! I got it for Amanda because we were cracking up. We had to watch our younger cousins last weekend, and watched this movie. I think we were laughing harder than them! My mom loved it too, so she was on board with getting it for Amanda for Easter.


The rope toy did not disappoint! Rope toys are Layla's absolute favorite, and the only kind I allow her to have besides her kong toy and rawhides. Like I said, she chews through toys so easily that it's hard to find her ones she can have. I've seen her take a tennis ball, and pop it in 30 seconds flat! 

After church, me and Amanda met our dad and step-mom at their country club for an Easter brunch. All the food was delicious, but I forgot to take a picture since I didn't have my phone on me. I'm horrible at keeping track of my phone, and will often leave it at home or in my car and have no idea where it is. I'm definitely not the type of person that can't stand to be away from their phone, I actually find it to be annoying a lot of the time! 


My dad wanted to get some nice pictures after brunch, and I was goofing around since there was a little wall so that I could pretend to be taller. He's over 6 foot, and I'm only 5'1'' so I always look super short next to him! I'm not really sure how this picture happened because we were just messing around. My dad and I never take picture-taking seriously, to our family's great annoyance haha! 


I blame my family for encouraging my weirdness. They all thought I was being funny and loved it. At least I did make my smile look normal for this picture! I'm not gonna share the other ones haha! 

We went to my aunt's house for dinner around 4, and everything she cooked was amazing! There was prime rib, ham (which I will never eat), mashed potatoes, mashed rutabagas, roasted sweet potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, and cherry pie! I had a little bit of everything except the ham, I've never really been a fan. And without fail every year someone in the family always makes it for Easter but that's okay since I find other options! I would definitely pick prime rib over ham any time, even if I liked it. 

All in all, it was a great weekend spent with family and friends. I couldn't ask for better people in my life! I hope you all had a great weekend as well :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment