Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites #21

1. Summer Grilling


I mean do I even have to explain this one?! I think the picture says it all!

2. New dresses from Old Navy!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a girly girl in the slightest. One of my favorite perks about my job is that there really isn't a dress code, it's very relaxed. Jeans, sandals, shorts, tank tops, comfy clothes, etc. That's one of the great things about working in research! My boss even specifically tells us to dress down because we talk about a lot of personal information with our participants. We want them to feel comfortable and not intimidated so we don't want to be all dressed up in fancy suits but to dress on a similar level with them. Meaning I have been known to wear my yoga leggings to work rather frequently but the rest of my coworkers do too so no one cares. However, we're not always in yoga leggings haha so I do like to have cute spring-y dresses and skirts. For that, Old Navy and Target are lifesavers! I recently ordered this dress online with a bunch of other ones during a sale and I'm in love! It's so comfy that I actually might prefer it to my leggings (huge shocker, not even being sarcastic!), and I love the material it's made out of. It's surprisingly heavier than it looks but it's still airy enough for the hotter weather. I've yet to be disappointed with any of the dresses I've ordered online from Old Navy, it's my go-to place to shop! I got 5 dresses for $50 with free shipping which you can't beat that.


3. Quest Bars at Trader Joe's!

My level of excitement at discovering this was probably borderline unnecessary/crazy but I love Quest bars! They also happen to have my FAVORITE three flavors: chocolate chip cookie dough, s'mores, and cookies & cream. Those are the only three they're carrying right now but in my opinion those are the only ones they need! It's funny how I found out because Margot was going on her first Trader Joe's trip and she wanted to know all my usual things, best aisles to look at, etc. Then later we were talking and she told me "I got one of those cookie bars you like" and I had no idea what she was talking about. I kept asking her if she meant the Think Thin bars since I know those are there and I even pulled one out to show her, but then she told me it was a Quest one. I didn't believe her at first because I told her they don't stock them there and it just sounded too good to be true haha! Well, it wasn't and they actually do have them! I went the next day and bought a box of the chocolate chip and s'mores one. There were a few people in the aisle just looking over protein bars and when they saw me grab the quest boxes they immediately started asking me about my opinion on protein bars. Apparently they said I looked like I knew what I was doing? Or maybe it was because I was in my gym clothes haha! Anyway, I explained to them all about the carb/protein ratio I like to look for in protein bars and that Quest has a good one plus the yummy taste. I think most of it went over their heads because in the end all they wanted to know if there was a chalky taste or what not and then here's me giving a mini lecture about macros!


4. Psalm 46:5

"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at the break of day."

I am officially in love with this scripture verse. In fact, it's become that "one verse" that I feel as though I will always come back to. I don't think I've ever had a true favorite Bible verse or one that speaks to me on a much deeper level than any of the others. I mean, all of the verses are important (obviously) and have God's truth in them, but some definitely stand out to me more than others depending on my situation, thoughts or feelings at the time. This one I honestly needed when I found it, and I think it's so cool how God's timing can work that way. Sometimes I'll hear a song on the radio or do a Bible study lesson or read a scripture passage or hear a sermon that is EXACTLY what I needed at that moment. Often times it feels as though God is legit smacking me upside the head as if to say "pay attention, buddy!" Anyone else know what I'm talking about?! This was one of those times because someone shared this verse on Instagram (can't remember who, sorry!), and my reaction was YES YES YESSS! Thank you Jesus! I've just been working through a lot of personal stuff lately plus planning out the future with so many new changes right around the corner that I needed this verse. I've been clinging to it as one of God's promises, and I find such peace and comfort in it. The knowledge that God is there within me, and He will never let me fall. So let's do this!

What are some of your favorites this week?

1 comment:

  1. FIVE DRESSES FOR $50?!?! I must go check this out....but this could be dangerous :)

    ReplyDelete