Monday, June 22, 2015

Grilled Rosemary Sweet Potatoes

I have found my new favorite way to eat sweet potatoes: grill them! I wasn't kidding when I said that now we have a grill Amanda and I pretty much put everything we can on it. Also, I would like to say before we get much farther in this post, I was doing fine on my own with the grill. Nothing was on fire, nothing was looking like charcoal, and the potatoes were all in one piece. 

Then, Amanda comes outside. 

We've already discussed that grilling is not one of her strong points, and something that should not be listed on her resume as a skill. She tries to tell me that the heat isn't up enough and then suddenly cranks it up. 

And when I open the grill up...

Half of the potatoes are nearly all black. So yeah, I kicked her back inside. 

Anyway, let's get to the recipe part! 


I had probably 4-5 medium sweet potatoes that I cut lengthwise into about 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices. I drizzled them with a bit of olive oil to help them crisp and brown. For the spices I did salt, pepper, and rosemary. Again, I never measure them I just eyeballed it! 

I put the slices on the grill, and cooked them at medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Orrrr if you want to go Amanda's route and double the heat to effectively decrease the cooking time by half. 

If you do in fact enjoy eating ashy potatoes. 


Every time I would go out to check the potatoes, "Sarge" would have to keep an eye on me. Amanda and I joke around and call her that since she is constantly keeping tabs on everyone like a little sergeant. I have zero worries about this dog ever running away because she is the very definition of a stage five clinger haha! 

She's a terrible guard dog (like dead asleep and doesn't hear people come through the door) but she is a good watch dog!




With the potatoes I sauteed some mushrooms and zucchini, and chicken! It was the perfect summer dinner. 


After dinner, we watched the Disneynature documentary Bears since we found it for free on OnDemand, and it was so good! I'm a huge sucker for any kind of nature documentaries. I always get so stressed out and worried about the animals and if they're going to make it but I can't help but watch them. John C. Reilly was the narrator, and he was so funny! We loved it, and Layla got really in to it too. She would stand in front of the TV with her ears perked up and would watch the bears, it was so cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment