Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Salted Caramel PB&J Overnight Oats

It's no secret that I have a slight obsession with Jif Whips. In fact at the moment I'm out of both my home peanut butter AND my work peanut butter (yes, I keep a spare tub in my office). Luckily, I have plenty of other peanut butters at home to fill the cracks in my heart but it's not the same as Jif Whips! 

I used up the last of it in the best way possible, though, overnight oats! I've been getting the salted caramel one lately, and even though I wouldn't say it's really that caramel-y (is that even a word?) it's still delicious! 

I picked up some strawberries at Sam's Club on Saturday, they seriously have the best strawberries ever! It's only 3 bucks for 2 pounds too which in my opinion is a steal! At my local grocery store a 1-lb container is over $3, and that's not even the organic ones. That's just highway robbery! Which is also why I hardly ever go there because I can't stomach the prices. 

Anyway, I knew I wanted to incorporate the strawberries because they were perfectly ripe and so delicious that I was using any excuse to put them in everything. That lead me to peanut butter and jelly! 

To make the overnight oats you'll need: 
1 nearly-empty PB jar (about 1-2 tbsp)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup cashew milk (or any milk)
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt 
1 packet of stevia 

Mix it all together and let the oats sit overnight, the longer the better! Make sure the oats have plenty of time to soak up all that goodness :)


In the morning, I topped mine off with 1/2 cup of strawberries and a spoonful of strawberry preserves! I love overnight oats especially in the summer since it's a lot cooler but still as filling as hot oatmeal. This held me over nicely Sunday morning before heading off to church. 

What's your favorite summer breakfast?!

No comments:

Post a Comment