Thursday, June 25, 2015

Chocolate Proyo Bowl

I finally made my first proyo bowl after seeing endless posts on so many Instagram pages about these wonderful little magical bowls. 

Well, they're right! 

I made one last Friday after an extremely intense leg day workout. My friend at work thinks I'm crazy but I love nothing more than a nice and long 2-hour leg day sesh! In fact, I get to leave work early tomorrow too so hollaaaa. I think it's my mission in life to make walking as difficult as possible. Pssst walking smalking. 

So I decided to give proyo a try since I was in desperate need for some protein after working legs. I've talked about this before in terms of post-workout but if I lift I just want legit straight up protein afterwards. Running or HIIT I like a little mix but with lifting I crave pure protein. Do what works for you! 


I decided to try out chocolate which is unusual for me since I typically prefer vanilla but I kinda wanted a healthy frosty-type taste. 

Here's how I made it!
1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice 
1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
couple handful of ice cubes (or almond milk ice cubes)
*optional* couple spoonfuls of Arctic zero

Blend, blend, blend til it's an ice cream consistency! You can also add a sweetener of choice to sweeten it up a bit but I find that my protein powder is usually sweet enough for me. If I was making it this dessert-y then I'd probably add some stevia! 

I added the Arctic zero for some extra creaminess but it's totally not necessary! I topped my bowl off with some whipped cream, 1 crumbled up baked thin Funfetti cookie, and sprinkles! Because I just happen to love sprinkles. 


I will definitely be making proyo bowls more often! I'm gonna try out vanilla tomorrow and I'll keep you guys posted with the results :)

No comments:

Post a Comment