Wednesday, June 24, 2015

New Updates: More Reverse Dieting!

So, as you all know I've been all over the place with macros. I've cut, I've reverse dieted (twice), I've loosely-tracked, and I've intuitively eaten. All in only a little over a year haha! But, my body is happy and I'm happy because I get to kick butt with my lifts and runs.

Recently, though, I've felt as though I need to increase. I've been super hungry the heavier I lift so I'm going to go back to tracking for awhile. This is going to be tricky because a) I want to do it the right way, but b) I have no idea what kind of macros I've been eating lately. 

Here is my game plan and who knows if it's even going to work! I was talking to my friend who is at the end of her reverse and she's going to kinda experiment, too. Honestly we have nothing to lose at this point and everything to gain! (i.e. all the musclessss) 

What I did was for the past couple weeks, I started tracking things to give me an idea of where I was at calorie-wise and to get a basic sense of my macros. Turns out being a creature of habit helps a lot! I was actually pretty consistent in terms of ballpark macros that will make this next part a lot simpler. 

I took those ball-park macros, tweaked them to give me an average, and now I will increase from there! I was actually eating slightly less than my initial maintenance macros which isn't the end of the world since I took a break from heavier lifting but also probably why I now need to reverse up a bit more. The heavy leg days have been killer! 

Now that I have a better idea of what macros I should be eating currently I'll just mosey my way on up until I get to a place where I feel comfortable. I'm interested to see how my body responds and what happens because I want to play around with numbers to see how it goes. Like my friend and I were talking it's all just an experiment because we're just curious about what might happen! 

The worst that will happen is that I build more muscle, get to eat more, boost my metabolism and have more energy. Wait, actually, no I can't think of one bad thing that could happen. That's why I feel as though I don't have anything to lose! My last reverse diet went incredibly well, and I definitely feel confident enough now to play around with my numbers on my own. My metabolism has never been better so I'm also confident that my body can handle the changes. 

The best thing now is that I feel so refreshed and ready to track again since I took a nice long break the past few months. I think that can be important since tracking can be a mental challenge as well. It's totally normal to just get tired of it and want to have intuitive days.

So if you hear me start to talk more about tracking and reverse dieting then that's why!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment