Monday, June 1, 2015

Ice Cream Sandwich Sundae

 I'm a volume eater which means most of the time I try to trick my brain in to eating more than I actually am. Sounds crazy but it works! I was at Target this past weekend, and really wanted ice cream sandwiches. If you've been following for awhile then you know these tasty buggers were a huge hurdle for me at one point

Anywho, I'm past that now so I buy them whenever I want! With zero guilt or anxiety because I can trust myself to eat them in moderation. I wanted to volumize it as a dessert, though, so I picked up some cool whip and vanilla frozen yogurt. My plan was to cut up the ice cream sandwich and make a bit of a sundae with mostly cool whip and a little bit of the frozen yogurt if I wanted! 

The first time I made this on Saturday, I didn't even use the frozen yogurt! By using the cool whip, I was able to get a whole "sundae" feel with adding hardly any calories. 


Now that's what I'm talking about! 

Here's what was in this sundae: 
1 standard vanilla ice cream sandwich (160 calories)
4 tbsp cool whip (50 calories)
couple vanilla Goldfish grahams crumbled on top (like <10 calories)
Walden's chocolate sauce (0 calories)
and sprinkles of course! 


So there you have it! It was the perfect dessert that felt like I was eating a whole lot more than one ice cream sandwich since I broke it up in to smaller pieces and added the cool whip for more volume. 


I also picked up some Kodiak pancake mix at Target since I had no idea they even had it there! Everyone in my coach's Facebook group is constantly talking about this mix, and I'm happy to say it did not disappoint. I loved it, and the pancakes came out perfectly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment