Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Chipotle, Chickens, & a quick Shoulder Workout!

Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm on the last day of my staycation, and it's been a much needed break. I feel nice and refreshed, and ready to tackle work tomorrow. 

Tuesday morning before heading out to lunch, I did a shoulder and biceps workout. I love having my adjustable dumbbells since I haven't outgrown them...yet hehe ;)

They can go up to about 40 pounds so that leaves me plenty of room to work with considering I'm only breaking in to using 20s now. My upper body is such a weak spot for me but I'm proud of the progress I've made especially with my shoulders! Turns out I can grow my delts quite nicely but biceps are a whole other story, talk about slow pokes. 

I did a combination of shoulders and biceps with more of a slight focus on shoulders because I personally love working shoulders and biceps aren't a huge goal of mine. I don't like neglecting a single muscle group, though, so I usually work biceps and triceps in on shoulder and back days! 


Those last two sets are killer! I like adding in challenges at the end such as reps until failure, drop sets, or more dynamic sets to really utilize that muscle and feel the burn. This took me about 35-40 minutes and after lifting, I did some incline walking on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and then took Lola and Layla for a walk. 

For post-workout, I had a strawberry yogurt parfait. 


Like I've said, I'm LOVING all the fresh fruits! And Sam's Club strawberries are still the best I've found! I mean just look at the lil beauties. 

For the parfait, I just mixed together a container of Oikos Triple Zero strawberry greek yogurt, and 100g of fresh strawberries. It was delicious! 


For lunch, Amanda and I treated our mom to Chipotle! My go-to is always the chicken salad without the dressing then add in fajita vegetables, salsa, and more lettuce. It's only 10g carbs, 7g fat, and 35g protein. 


In the afternoon, Amanda and I had to return one of the chickens that turned out to be a rooster! I couldn't stop laughing because I think it's hilarious but Amanda is less than amused haha. It just so happened to be the one chicken that was let's just say she/he was on the slower side. My theory is it took him this long to figure out he was a rooster because he's a little dumb since he should've started crowing awhile ago. The way we found out is also slightly hilarious. I was taking the dogs out and heard this really strange noise. At first I thought it was this little dog yapping away in the neighbor's yard. It had this hoarse and slightly strangled type quality or something so I had no idea what was going on. I came inside and immediately Amanda goes "Sam, did you hear that weird noise? It's Bubbles! She's crowing". But it wasn't like a real rooster's crow because like I said it kinda sounded like a small dog getting strangled.  He kept at it though for a bit, and when Amanda sent a picture to the chicken farmers they confirmed it was a rooster. So, we took him back yesterday before dinner, and now Amanda is on the hunt for more chickens! They're getting some older ones soon so we'll probably be making a trip back. Amanda has been dubbed an official crazy chicken lady! 

No comments:

Post a Comment