Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer 2015 Workout Splits

I've gotten some questions lately about my workout splits and balancing everything out. I take the summers off from running so I've been focusing more on lifting lately. In fact, I think I'll keep it that way through the fall until I finish my current reverse diet. There's nothing wrong with running while on a reverse, but I really want to focus on lifting heavy the next couple months. I know I'm saying that now but when that fall weather comes, I'll probably be itching to run! So we'll see!

But for now, here's what my week looks like: 

Monday- dynamic day
*this literally can be anything I feel like doing: HIIT, spin class, track workout, cross fit, or working a muscle group that I feel gets neglected on a regular basis (usually abs lolz)

Tuesday- shoulders & HIIT

Wednesday- leg day #1 (hams & buns)

Thursday- bis/tris & HIIT

Friday- back & chest

Saturday- leg day #2 (quadzzz)

There you have it! My days do sometimes get switched around based off my work schedule but I try to keep a minimum of 2-3 days apart between muscle groups. That usually applies mostly directly to keeping my leg days separate but my point is to make sure you allow your muscles proper rest!

Another common question that I get is how long do my workouts usually take. Well, it honestly depends on the day. Saturday mornings I love, love, love to take that time for myself and really crush quads. It's my favorite day so I put it down for Saturday since I can spend as much time as I want working out! I'm at the gym for about an hour and a half that day, sometimes 2 if I get carried away.

Usually, though, I'm at the gym for about an hour for back/chest and hamstrings/glutes. I can still do shoulders and bis/tris at home since I have adjustable weights. On those days I lift for about 40 minutes and then do 15-20 minutes of HIIT.


On average, I workout for about an hour I'd say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment