Tuesday, July 21, 2015

More Birthday Treats & a Crossfit Workout!

Yesterday morning, my coworkers surprised me with a mini birthday celebration! They decided to do it yesterday since I was off Friday, and our one coworker was on vacation last week. That way no one was left out! We take birthdays very seriously in our office haha as it's an excuse to sit around talking with each other as we indulge in some treats :) 

We also like to decorate each others' offices for fun, and it's always a surprise with what you'll get! This year, my one coworker got very creative and covered everything in my office including my computer screen and chair with streamers! She also gave me the sweetest present that I legit lost it and started bawling my eyes out. I got myself all collected then went over to thank her but as soon as I hugged her, I started crying all over again! Then we were both getting all emotional and having mild panic attacks that she's leaving so soon. She's my closest friend at the office, and she's going to Chicago for grad school at the end of next week. We've been putting off reality for so long because we hate the thought of not seeing each other every day, but it all finally hit me yesterday morning! I also never ever ever ever cry so this was like a huge deal guys. 

Although this just gives me a reason to go visit a really cool city so I'll definitely be making a trip to Chicago at some point!


Just the beginning of the streamers craziness!

She also made some treats for the office, and we took some time in the morning to get together and chat. Our office is pretty small so we usually all see each other throughout the day but it's always nice to be able to sit down as a group and catch up on stuff. On the menu were chocolate chip banana muffins which were amazing, and Oreo cheesecake bars! Like I said, Oreos are the way to my heart and my friends know it haha!  


I mean just look at those! I saved mine for dessert since I wanted to be good and stay on track with my macros. Yet another reason 2592803 I love her, but she sent me the macros the night before because she gets the macro thing. I converted her to Katie a few months ago so whenever we make stuff we always send the macros to each other out of consideration! So I was able to fit in both the a chocolate chip muffin and an Oreo cheesecake bar since I knew the macros ahead of time, easy peasy. 

In the morning before work, I did a crossfit workout that I found on Pinterest. My Monday morning workouts are what I have now decided to call "dynamic days" which just means they're pretty open. I like to do a jumble of either HIIT, weights, bodyweight stuff, potentially test out a gym class, or try out some workouts that I find. It's just a more open day where I like to try out new things. I've been getting in to beginner at-home crossfit workouts that I find on Pinterest so I found this one and made some modifications!


It was a great workout and took me about 30 minutes. I rested about 30 seconds between rounds. It was convenient because you can do this literally anywhere since you only need your bodyweight. I can't do box jumps at home since I'm too chicken to use a chair ha! 

I also came home to another sweet birthday surprise! In Katie's Facebook group of clients, someone had the brilliant idea of doing a sort of secret birthday buddy thing. We've done secret santa exchanges at Christmas but she suggested we do it for birthdays too! So I came home to a surprise from my birthday buddy! 


It was full of some of my favorites: quest bars, cookies & creme cookie butter, and cookies! I love the cookies because they're not only healthy but they have the macros on the back! I already plugged in the one for my dessert tonight, and the other one is actually a protein cookie that I'm super excited to try. I'm thinking about using that as my post-workout tomorrow morning because there has to be some kind of science backing up cookie gains, right?! That sounds good so we'll go with that ;)


Okay one last thing I wanted to share this just in case anyone else needs to hear this! One of the things Rachael got me was the book Jesus Today which is by the author of Jesus Calling. I was excited because I didn't know she had written more books. The passage today was honestly one of those things that hit me, and was exactly what I needed to hear. It's crazy to me how God can time things like that! 

"No matter what is happening in your life now, your story has an amazingly happy ending. Though the way ahead may look dark to you, there is brilliant, everlasting Light at the end of your earth-journey. Remember that I am with you continually."

Such amazing words! I'm planning on reading each passage every day, and then writing in my God journal about it. I call it my God journal for a lack of a better name! I don't usually keep a regular journal but I like to write down prayers, Bible passages, lyrics, quotes, Bible study lessons, or my thoughts about certain things that I learned from a sermon or something. It all has to do with God which is why I call it my God journal! It's kind of a jumble of things but it helps me to write stuff out and I like to look back through it. 

I hope everyone's week is going well so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment