Thursday, July 9, 2015

Typical Dinner Post: Roasted Spaghetti Squash

So the typical dinner posts seem to be gaining some popularity so I'll try my best to make them a semi-regular thing! As I've said in the other posts, I've been keeping most dinners this summer to a lean protein and lots of veggies for sides. That's the way I roll for dinner, and especially with the hot summer nights. I don't want heavy carbs sitting in my tummy! 

This past week, I roasted some spaghetti squash to go with dinner. It was simple and easy! Like most of my dinners haaaa.

To prep the squash, I cut off the ends and then halved it. Be VERY careful as it's pretty difficult to cut and you don't want to lose a finger. I cleaned out the seeds and stringy stuff then drizzled it with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put it face down in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40-50 minutes until it's fork tender. 


I always forget how much I love spaghetti squash! I was able to have a huge serving (150 grams) for only 10 grams of carbs which in my opinion can't be beat. It was the perfect side dish to go along with the broccoli and chicken that I made! 


No comments:

Post a Comment