Wednesday, January 13, 2016

40-Minute Workout in the Woods

Somehow this got lost in the queue but I've been meaning to post it for awhile! On New Year's Eve, I took Layla for a trail run at a wooded park nearby that has some really nice trails for running. She was positively thrilled and had a blast running around in the woods. I decided to do a little bit of a HIIT workout too with some sprints and running the stairs mixed in. 

Here's what we did: 
5 minute walking warm-up (from the car)
10 minutes of running
3 sets of sprints (1 minute each with 2 minutes recovery jog)
5 minutes of running 
Run up and down the stairs 2x (about 5 minutes; 1 min rest in between)
5 minute walking cool down (back to the car)

We have to go down this monster hill to and from the car so it served as a great warm-up and cool-down. Layla was nice and tuckered out, and the weather was perfect for her in the upper-20's. 


We had the woods to ourselves! It was kinda creepy at first because there was no one around and it's pretty secluded but I had my little guard dog. Just kidding, she's harmless. I honestly don't know what her reaction would be if anyone tried to give us trouble, but I don't really ever want to find out. The one thing that might save us, though, is if they mistake her initial lunging at them (in sheer happiness) for an attack haha! 

I tell her all the time that some day she'll have a Pittie or Rottie sister because I do plan on getting a more protective dog eventually (and I'm in love with Pit Bulls and Rottweilers) I know they get a bad rap but I don't like all that breed discrimination nonsense. Amanda told me she'd kick me out if I brought home a second dog haha! It might be worth it though...


After our run, we stopped by my office so my friend Yael could say hi to Layla. I never thought I'd meet as big of an animal lover as myself until her so she is always happy for some visits! Her dog is back home with her family so she gets supplemental puppy love from Layla. 


When we got home, I refueled with greek yogurt, pineapple, and cereal all mixed together. I've been getting these really good pineapples at Sam's club and can basically go through the whole thing by myself in 2 days. It's my favorite fruit and I simply can't control myself around it! I will squeeze in as much as I can into my macros! 

What's your favorite fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment