Saturday, January 16, 2016

My Latest Reverse Diet (January 2016)

It's true, I'm reversing again! I officially started on January 4th and it's been going great so far. I haven't weighed myself since before Christmas and I think I'll keep it that way for awhile. I'm happy in my skin, at peace with my body, and sticking to macros. I see no reason to hop on the scale but more importantly I feel no reason. 

I take measurements and pictures occasionally (basically when I remember ha!) but honestly I've just been going by how I feel. I can tell I'm leaning out a bit and my body simply feels good. I have more strength and energy which has been wonderful for workouts! I've also been seeing some more gains and particularly my hamstrings showing up and IT'S ABOUT TIME haha! But seriously I've been lifting for over a year and a half and those hammies are the most stubborn part of my leg #quaddominantforever. So the fact that I've built them up enough and gotten myself to a body fat percentage where they will actually show is pretty exciting to me! 

I plan on keeping you guys updated and answering any more questions about reverse dieting like I did the last time. I'm not going to lie reverse dieting is not always sunshine and rainbows because it can have mental games just like when cutting. Generally, though, going slow and steady with about 5g of carbs and 1g fat increase per week makes my body happy and it adjusts relatively well. I found out the hard way that the standard reversing route (10g carbs and 2g fat) was wayyy too quick for me. 

Anyway, I will keep you guys posted with the good, the bad, and of course the gains as I go along! Depending on how this reverse goes and how my body responds, I might be done cutting/reversing once and for all and make the switch over to intuitive eating (for real this time). I'm not sure yet as I'm still not even two weeks in so we shall see. 

Oh and one more thing that I am doing quite differently this time is introducing a low-carb day each week (my rest day so Sundays). This is a totally new thing for me during a reverse and basically a science experiment with my body. I want to see what that does since during a typical reverse you keep all the days the same. So I'll keep you guys updated on that, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment