Monday, January 25, 2016

My Family's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

This is the recipe that my aunt has used to make chocolate chip cookies for as long as I can remember, and it's just one of those family recipes that gets passed along. I don't think I'll ever really make any other chocolate chip cookie recipe! Unless I need something more macro-friendly because this it notttt at all haha and I'm still reversing my way up to luxury macros. 

Which meant that I didn't get to enjoy these cookies but I was making them for friends anyway! I wanted to say thank you to two good family friends for some acts of kindness this past weekend with all the crazy snow and everything. So I thought baking some goodies would be a nice way to say thanks because I mean who doesn't love freshly baked homemade cookies?! 

So here's what you'll need: 

3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups of flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups of chocolate chips 

I halved the recipe since I was making it for two but I still got about 20 decent-sized cookies. So you could probably get about well over 3 dozen cookies with the full recipe depending on the size you want. 


1. Preheat the oven to 350

2. Cream sugar and butter together. 

3. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well. 

4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt separately then add that flour mixture into the wet ingredients. 

5. Mix well until it's all incorporated and then fold in chocolate chips. 

6. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes. 


Ta-dah! I made them to be very generous sized cookies and they came out perfectly! I cooked mine for about 10 minutes and pulled them out while they were still underdone to let them finish cooking on the sheet as they cooled. 

Let me know if you try the recipe out! I'd love to see all your creations :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment