Friday, January 8, 2016

Back Day, Hiking, & Finally a Haircut

Good morning and Happy Friday! I'm off of work for the day but wanted to get a quick blog post up before I run off to do some errands. It's my first week back to working out since my rest week was the week before and let me tell you I am SORE. But I love it! It means I put in a lot of hard work this week so no complaints there. 

Tuesday morning was my first back and chest day so I thought I'd share that workout since for some reason I hardly ever share those workouts. Proooobably because I always used to hate working back and chest #realtalk but it's grown on me! Bench pressing especially was the worst but oddly enough it's becoming one of my favorites! 

My second back and chest day was this morning and it was a lot more strength-based like more sets (5-7) and lower reps around 5. There's no rhyme or reason to what I do (it's honestly just fun for me) but I like to throw in some strength sets every so often to keep my muscles guessing and to obviously gain some strength! 


I also made the prettiest salad I have ever made in my life for lunch so I thought I'd share a picture of it! I had never made a sunny side egg before and it kinda happened by accident since I was doing other stuff and forgot to flip the egg over haha! So I come back and was like "oo did I just make a sunny side egg?" but didn't want to die of salmonella or something (I have random anxiety, ok?) and had my mom come in to double check haha! She said it was fine so I ate it and the salad was delicious. 

Another funny story but I was cooking the brussel sprouts and go to add the spices. Everything was going fine until I picked up the pepper. Now, our container has two spouts where one is like just a giant hole and the other has the little holes so the pepper sprinkles out in reasonable amounts. I have never, ever done this but I MIXED UP THE TWO SIDES. So like a quarter cup of pepper comes out and I'm like "uh oh." and tried to convinced myself that it wouldn't be too much pepper. Well, it was. It was so.much. pepper but hey what are you going to do. The brussel sprouts were just extra spicy but it still didn't ruin the salad! 


Then, after lunch Hannah and I took Lola and Layla for a hike so the two of them could run around in the woods. It's so cute because now that Layla is older and not so much an annoying puppy, Lola likes her so much more and plays with her a lot more. It makes Layla SO happy, but it's also cute how she brings out the playfulness and puppy in Lola that we haven't seen in so long. 


Hannah and I also decided to take a cool hipster/Pinterest picture haha! 




Lola gets so confused because the turnpike runs very close but it's a bridge so she can't see the cars. So she always tries to figure out where the car noises are coming from since she can't see them. It's so cute to watch her! She'll just stand there and stare around determined to figure it out. 




Then Layla comes over and is like "what are we looking at? okay I'll pretend to look since you're looking, too" haha! She's always trying to copy her big sister. If Lola stops to smell something then you can bet Layla will turn around to smell it, too. Anything Lola does is important to Layla. 


The two of them had a blast running around together and I honestly have not seen Lola so energetic. Hannah and I both agree that it's awesome because for awhile there we joked she was in a depression but now we think she actually might have been. Call us crazy but I looked it up and dogs actually can get depressed! Either way Lola is so much more energetic now and Layla is thrilled about it. 

After hiking, Hannah and I went to get our hair cut because neither one of us have been since April. That might sound bad to some people but I have gone like two years before without getting a hair cut. I'm so low maintenance it's ridiculous haha! Right now as I'm typing this my hair is just air drying all on its own and that's how I'll leave it the rest of the day. The lady at the salon was like do you straighten or blow dry it at all and I said "ummm...occasionally" meaning like twice a year! I honestly hate putting effort into styling my hair so I just avoid it haha. 

Well, those are all my updates for now! I'm off to Target a.k.a. my happy place and will probably buy more things and spend more money than planned but I've just come to accept that every time I go there. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment