Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Snowed in Shoulder Workout

So Saturday morning I woke up like most of the east coast to tons of snow! Luckily, Pittsburgh didn't get quite as much as some places but we were still snowed in for the day. I had already planned the night before to do my workout at home just in case the snow did come as promised and the forecast was actually correct. I'm not gonna lie I thought this storm was gonna be a big hype but it turned out to be pretty much what everyone was saying. 

Maybe it's just me but I love the snow and getting snowed in! I think I might be the only person who genuinely enjoys winter? It was the perfect excuse to curl up with Layla, do some studying, catch up on Parks and Rec, anddd drink tons of hot chocolate! 


So I just completed week 3 of my reverse diet and I have yet to do a single cardio session since I started #whoops but I'm not sorry about it. I just haven't had any interest in cardio which is actually a first for me. Usually I can't go this long without the itch to do cardio but since I haven't I'm not about forcing myself to do anything I don't like. 

Instead, I like to add in a mix of HIIT moves in my workouts to keep my heart rate higher, and the circuit training gives the feel of cardio. My favorite workout to incorporate HIIT is shoulders and arms so that's just what I did! 

I did three separate circuits with some sprints in between. Usually I would do hill sprints but that wasn't an option so I just sprinted my staircase 5 times. It's a pretty standard sized staircase with about 15 steps. 

At the end of my workout I did another small circuit that just focused on my shoulders to really burn them out. Let's just say my shoulders were on fireeee by the end! 


For the seated arnolds, I actually sit on the floor with my legs straight out in front of me. I find that it helps with greater activation of my core, and it's killing two muscle groups with one stone! 

If you have any questions about the dive bomber push-ups you can watch this video here


The whole workout took me about 50 minutes and then I had to go shovel tons of snow afterwards. You think I would've planned ahead and thought it out that having my shoulder workout the same morning as a blizzard wouldn't be the best idea haha! Oh well it'll all pay off when I finally build up those little boulders! 

No comments:

Post a Comment