Friday, September 19, 2014

Chile Lime Chicken Burger Wrap!

So to continue with my chile lime chicken burger new obsession, I made it into a lunch for today as well! I'm the type of person that when I find a new food I love, I try to eat it as much as possible and as many different ways as I can come up with. This is no exception so after having the chicken burgers for dinner last night, I turned the leftover one into lunch today!

It took me about 5 minutes to put it together and it'll probably take me about 2 minutes to devour it at lunch.

So here's what you need:
1 chile lime chicken burger from Trader Joe's-- follow the instructions on box for cooking
1/2 cup organic kale and spinach mix
1 tablespoon of honey mustard dressing (or any dressing of your choice)
1 low-carb whole grain wrap




I'm telling you Sam's Club really has been impressing me with their selection. I love their organic salad mixes as well as this kale medley one which has quickly become another favorite of mine. It's great for salads and wraps or even putting in smoothies! I haven't done that yet but I want to try it out some time. If anyone has any good green smoothie recipes please share! :)

They also have these great wraps that are low in carb and have a good amount of protein, too. Usually I would use Tumaro's for a recipe like this since that's my favorite brand but we're out and I've been happy with these ones from Sam's Club. 


So all I did was lay out the tortilla, spread out the kale greens, chop up the chicken burger, and then drizzle over the honey mustard dressing! A great brand of salad dressings that I love is Bolthouse since they use yogurt which makes it lower in fat and better for you! It also adds such a creamy texture to the dressing that I love. 

I added one little baby tomato from Amanda's garden on top just to complete the wrap!


Then, roll it up and enjoy! I'd say that's a pretty healthy-sized wrap if you ask me :)

Any fun weekend plans?!

No comments:

Post a Comment