Friday, September 12, 2014

Low-Carb Tortizzas

Ever have one of those days where all you want is just to eat all the pizza? It's one of those scenarios where your heart tells you yes but your thighs tell you no. Well, luckily here's a compromise for you..

Tortizzas.

That's my "cheesy" mash up name of tortilla and pizza. I'm sorry, I'll stop with the bad puns...maybe. I just don't want any saucy remarks because of my bad jokes. Okay I swear I'm done now.  Anyway, you make it like you would a pizza then bake it til it gets even more pizza-y, and then you get to eat it like you would a pizza. This is one of my go-to substitutes when I can't have the real thing!

Yes, IIFYM is wonderful for treating yourself but even then you can't eat pizza all the time. Again, it's all about balance! I'll get off my soap box now and tell you how to make these tortizzas.

First, you'll need:
1 whole wheat tortilla (I use Tumaro's low-carb wraps)

Then, whatever toppings you want! It's pretty simple!

On my tortizza, I had 1/2 tablespoon of pesto as my sauce, 2 cups organic kale/spinach mix, 3oz grilled chicken, couple of tomato slices (again, fresh from Amanda's garden!), and a sprinkle of cheese.

Assemble your tortizza and then bake at 400 for about 10-12 minutes, until the tortilla is crisp and the toppings are gooey and melted!



Want a gluten-free version? Check out my Eggplant Pizzas!

No comments:

Post a Comment