Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Healthy Salad Ideas for Lunch

A lot of people say that they get tired of salads easily but honestly I've found that it's the exact opposite for me! I love coming up with new salad ideas or throwing random toppings on to make it more interesting. I usually pack a salad for lunch every day and it's always a little bit different. 

I've yet to get bored so if some of you need some inspiration then here's a small sample:


This salad had grilled chicken, roasted zucchini, snap peas, bell peppers, mini tomatoes, and cucumbers. 


This one had egg whites, roasted squash, arugula, walnuts, red cabbage, cucumbers, and tomatoes.


This might be one of my favorites! Sliced baby beets, feta cheese, grilled chicken, arugula, bell peppers, and tomatoes.


Here's another with blueberries, mini tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumbers. and mixed greens. 



This one is another favorite of mine! Strawberries, bell peppers, green grapes, chopped dried apricots, tomatoes, red cabbage, feta cheese, and mixed greens. 


For dressings I usually do a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette especially for when I have something sweet like the fruits. I also do a plain balsamic vinaigrette or a honey mustard dressing!

Some other salad topping ideas I've done before: sweet potato fries, popcorn, toasted nuts, dried fruits, roasted vegetables, or anything left over from dinner the night before that works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment