Friday, September 5, 2014

Guacamole Chicken & Broccoli Bowl


I've been finding all kinds of uses for the new guacamole I got last week so for dinner yesterday I decided to substitute my usual pesto for the guacamole! I made a chicken and veggie bowl and instead of topping it off with pesto I used the guacamole. It was so much creamier than usual and I loved it!

I didn't have to use that much guacamole either to get the consistency I wanted, only about 1-1/2 tablespoons. There's also a slight tang to the guacamole from the Greek yogurt that went really well with the fresh vegetables.

My bowl had:
4 oz grilled chicken
1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli
1/4 cup halved tomatoes
1/4 cup diced bell pepper

I left the tomatoes and peppers raw because I liked the crunch and extra freshness. The broccoli I just steamed as the chicken was cooking.

When everything is cooked just add it all together and mix in the guacamole!





**Nutritional Information**:  230 calories, 39g protein, 12g carbs, and 2g fat

All of this for under 250 calories and 39g of protein? Not too shabby!

Happy Friday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment