Sunday, May 31, 2015

Killer Leg Day Circuit

Saturday morning I was in a time crunch since I had to take Amanda's car to go get inspected. Conveniently she always seems to be busy whenever the car needs something done so we had to swap cars for the day! Anyway, my uncle is a mechanic and helps us out but he only had time at 9am. Which meant I got up extra early to get my workout in before meeting him!

A lot of you are probably going "why not wait until after to workout?". Yes that's probably the easier option considering I was home by 10am but if I don't work out first thing when I get up the chance that I will actually work out at all goes automatically down to about 40%. Then, if I have to wait until after lunch it goes down to about 15%. I'm just not one to workout in the afternoon or evening, it has to be right after I wake up. 

Saturdays are leg days since that's the one day of the week where I usually don't have to be anywhere at a specific time (i.e. work or church) so I like to take my time. I didn't have that luxury this particular Saturday but that didn't mean I was going to take it easy on myself! 

This circuit only took me 30 minutes but I'll be darned if I wasn't pouring sweat and my legs were shaky and jello at the end. It was killer! But I really enjoyed it.

I've gotten some questions about the new workout program I've been following lately and it honestly is a mix of everything. I have found that my body really, really responds to this. It's a lot of lifting but the supersets are all plyo/cardio moves with my bodyweight to keep my heart rate up. 

Like this leg day circuit for example! I've noticed that my legs especially are responding nicely since I've incorporated this type of leg day the past few weeks. 

So here's what I did: 


The deadlifts are a higher rep since I was using my dumbbells which for this set I used 30 each for a total of 60lbs. That's less than half what I can usually do in the gym which is why I doubled the reps for at-home! As long as your legs are still shaking by the end of the set it's all good :) 

I did three rounds of the circuit and rested a full minute between the rounds. Each round took me 10 minutes but with the rests added in the total time was around 32 minutes! 

Like I said, I really like this type of workout for my legs. I do a weighted exercise to fatigue my muscles and then hit them hard with a cardio weight like the jumping lunges then go right back in to another weight exercise. It keeps my heart rate sky high and keeps my muscles guessing at the same time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment