Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Favorites #17

1. Sky Spills Over by Michael W. Smith

I am obsessed with this song!! In fact I'm listening to it right now for the second time in a row as I work on this post. It came on K-Love the other day and it was just that type of song where as soon as I heard it I cranked up the volume. Drops in the Ocean still also has that effect on me, too! Then, I promptly went home and bought this song haha! I love the beat, lyrics, melody, message, I mean everything possible that I could like about the song I love. One of my favorite ways to start the day is with positive and upbeat music such as this song! Some people might like to read scripture or have quiet time first thing in the morning but I find that music is how I like to start my day with God. 


2. No Wait App

I had no idea this app existed until last week when we took my dad out to dinner for his birthday. I had been looking to make reservations and was bummed out when the restaurant never offered them but they suggested using this app as an alternative. It turns out it's really cool! Not all restaurants are on it but you can search on the app to see if the one you want is, and then you can see whether they're seating or if there's a line. If there is a line, you can put your name in! It'll tell you how many people are ahead of you and the approximate wait time. Sienna Mercato was on the app, and I was able to keep checking to see if a wait had started or not. Luckily it didn't since there was tons of traffic on our way in, but it was nice and convenient to be able to check! If you do have to put your name in for a table, you just say how many is in your party and then they'll text you. Once you download the app you have to fill out an account and stuff including your phone number so that the restaurant will know how to reach you. It's crazy how people come up with ideas for all these apps! 


3. Cookies 'n Cream Protein Shake


As I said earlier in the week, Margot is a genius and I'm so glad she gave me the idea for almond milk ice cubes because I've had this protein shake after every workout this week! I'm a fan of anything cookies and cream, and my one cousin and I were joking that no one should bother creating any other flavor haha! Everything could be just cookies and cream, and we would be happy. 

4. Sienna Mercato 


Amanda and I took our dad to dinner last week for his birthday, and his pick was Sienna Mercato. I would love to go back there soon, but the only problem is fighting our way downtown to get there. We made the mistake last Thursday because we didn't know there was a baseball game going on. It was INSANE, and legitimately took us an hour to get from my work to downtown which is probably only a whopping 3 miles tops. As we sat in bumper-to-bumper traffic I reminded myself why I avoid the city in the first place, but Sienna Mercato ended up being worth it! We were pressed for time to get to the show but our waiter understood, and took great care of us! We were able to get our appetizer, entrees, and ice cream in all under an hour. The food and service were both great, and I would definitely like to go back again! My favorite part is how they support local farms which I always think is a great cause. 

5. Ephesians 6:18

Pray in the spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. 

Raise your hand if you're like me and often need to work on your prayer life! I will be totally upfront and admit that prayer is a weaker area in my faith that I have consciously been trying to change. Don't get me wrong, I still pray on a daily basis but they're short little things that I throw up randomly to God. I really want to work on spending longer periods of time praying, and also praying for others. Usually before when I would pray it was something about me and what I needed, and I'm not saying that's always a bad thing but it's not the only thing I need to pray about. As I've been working on this I've noticed that my prayers are changing. It's more about asking God to change myself to be what he needs me to be, rather than praying to ask God for something that I think I need. For example, when I would pray about making a decision for grad school I would ask that God would show me the best option that would lead me to be the person he needed me to be. To learn the things that would end up shaping me to be the person to do his work, whatever that might be. So I love this scripture because it is a reminder to me to work on my prayer life, and to stay in the spirit at all times. It's not about when I would throw hail Marys to God to help me get through something. I want to always be praying whether if I am in a hard situation or not. When my BSF class started Moses this past September, the first thing that struck me about Moses was he was a great man of prayer. He wouldn't take a single step without God, and when I read about his relationship with God my heart longed for something like that. Again, I admit I don't always do that but I've been working on it and the more I pray, the more I notice the change. So keeping this scripture in mind helps me a lot!

Oh, and the most important Friday favorite this week? Margot comes home tomorrow for the summer!! I can't even tell you how excited I am to see her, and all of the plans we have together. We've been sending recipes on Pinterest back and forth to each other like crazy haha! If you opened our direct message, I'm pretty sure it would cause immediate drooling because of all the yummy recipes that are on our list to make! 

What are some of your favorites from this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment