Monday, May 4, 2015

Brunch & Baseball

Good morning! I hope everyone is getting ready to tackle the week, I know I am now that I have my cup of coffee in front of me haha! 

So on Friday I had mentioned that I was thinking of making some blueberry muffins for my BSF brunch on Saturday morning. Let me tell you they were a hit! The funny thing is my oven randomly shut off a good majority of the heat halfway through baking so I got nervous how they'd come out but everyone assured me that the texture was still perfect. I used this recipe here that I found on Baker by Nature, and I was really pleased with how they turned out! Just a quick note, I only used 1/2 cup of brown sugar and probably did a cup and a half of blueberries. I used the whole pint that I bought because in my opinion you can never have too many blueberries in blueberry muffins! 

It was a lot of fun getting together because often times during class sessions we don't get as much time to talk about things outside of Bible study. I was the first to arrive and it was awesome to just sit and talk with the girl hosting us because we hardly get a chance on Tuesday nights. Well, she's absolutely darling and so much fun to chat with! We all talked about getting together over the summer before the fall class starts up again, and I really hope we will. 


The recipe made 12 HUGE muffins! I didn't need to take all of them to brunch which means I got to have some leftovers :)



Also, I got a new coffee creamer because I'm pretty sure it's my life goal to try out every single flavor available. I've made a decent-sized dent so far since I get a new flavor every time I need to buy more. Well, I definitely like the white chocolate mocha one! I think my all-time favorite will always be chocolate chip cookie sundae but this one is great, too. 


Friday & Saturday evening, me and Amanda were on baseball duty. There were so many family events going on this weekend that we all had to help out to make sure everyone got to where they were supposed to be. My little cousin had her dance recital the same night so my aunt and mom went there, but then my other younger cousin had his baseball practice and game so Amanda and I went to those to support him. Friday night was just their practice, and then Saturday they had their game. It was the perfect evening for both! 


I was so proud of my little cousin, he got their first run of the game! Their team ended up winning big time, and so afterwards he got ice cream with the rest of the team. My other cousin Ben joined us on Saturday for the game, and it's always great to spend time together as a family. I've definitely been blessed with having my family so close! 

Sunday afternoon, we all got together at my aunt's house since everyone was finally back at home. We were celebrating Laura's birthday who we've just sucked in to the family haha! She's an engineering intern at my grandpa's work, and since she's around our age, he brought her home for Easter. Her family is back home in Wisconsin so we've become her adopted Pittsburgh family! She comes around most weekends, and definitely fits right in. My family is the type that people either love or they run away because we're super loud and there's a lot of us!  

I have some other posts to catch up on, and I'll make sure to get those up soon. In the mean time, I hope you all have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment