Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Favorites #16

I'm warning you guys now that I probably will not be posting much in the next few days. Thank goodness for being able to schedule posts ahead of time so that I can get the usual Friday Favorites up without having to do it myself! It's going to be a jam-packed weekend because I'm celebrating my dad's birthday, Mother's Day is Sunday, there's a greek food festival that's calling my name, and my best friend from high school and my best friend from college both texted me saying they'll be in town for the weekend. Which means there will be lots and lots to do! I can't wait!

So here's the usual with some of my favorites this past week:

1. Vitafusion Calcium gummies

Yes I am 23 years old, and yes I am only able to remember to take vitamins if they are in gummy-form. These calcium vitamins are amazing, though, I actually look forward to taking them haha! The funny thing is Hannah would always snag some when she came over so when I found a pack of 2 at Sam's club for the price of 1 at regular stores, I obviously picked them up! Since I'm the best cousin ever, I gave her one of the bottles, and now I'm her favorite person ever. If you can't tell, we're very simple people. It doesn't take a lot to get us excited! I do think it's important, though, especially for women to take calcium supplements and I have been told specifically by my orthopedic doctors before. Just overall with my genetics, smaller bone frame, and running activity they have always recommended me to be on a calcium supplement. Having these gummies around ensures that I take them!

2. Sadie Robertson's Instagram

Duck Dynasty is a big favorite in my family, and I absolutely love the show in general. Not only are they all hilarious and make entertaining tv, I love the family values and emphasis on faith. I saw an interesting article posted awhile ago about why (if you're a parent) you'd want your young daughter to follow Sadie Roberton's Instagram versus whichever of those Kardashian girls are 17 years old (Kendall maybe?). I'm not entirely sure which Kardashian it is because I can't stand any of them, but I think it was either Kendall or Kylie. Maybe it was Kylie. I have no idea, I'm gonna google it eventually but the article had very good points. Sadie is so sweet, modest, and inspirational. I love following her because she's a very good role model for young women!

3. Oakland Greek Food Festival


This food festival is kind of becoming a tradition the past couple years. We first found it in May 2013 when my mom was in the hospital, and saw it on our way driving home. There's always a big Greek Food Festival in Oakmont every year so as soon as we saw the sign for this one we wanted to check it out! I will never ever under any circumstances pass up gyros, spanakopita, or baklava. We then took my mom there May of last year to celebrate the 1-year anniversary! It's crazy to think that it's been a whole 2 years since everything happened, but not a day goes by that I don't wonder in awe of God's awesomeness. After all, He gets all the credit for how far we've made it!

4. Potted Potter

As part of my dad's birthday celebration, Amanda and I bought him tickets to see Potted Potter since it was coming to Pittsburgh. Basically it's a parody of all 7 of the Harry Potter books condensed in to 70 minutes and it's hilarious! The entire audience was in stitches pretty much the entire time because everything they did was funny! All three of us are big fans of the books, and I heard really good reviews so I wanted to take my dad. The three of us went out to dinner before catching the show, and I'll get to posting about the dinner soon because we tried out one downtown that I've never been to before!

5. Beet Hummus


Guys I think I'm in love. I wish I could hug whoever decided to put beets and hummus together because I think they're the smartest person alive. This stuff is seriously out of this world! The best part is they leave CHUNKS of beets through the hummus, and it makes me so happy. I've actually seen some recipes lately for homemade beet hummus which I'm definitely going to need to try out soon!

What are some of your favorites from this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment