Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day Workout

I made it home Monday afternoon a little bit before 4pm, and I was exhausted from driving all day but at the same time I was amped up for a workout. I desperately needed to just work my legs, and get a good sweat going. Amanda and my mom had gone with my family for a dinner but I wasn't home in time to go with them. It worked out, though, since I had plenty of time to workout and get myself settled back in before work on Tuesday!

I debated about the last hour in the car if I was actually going to make it for a workout. I ended up doing it because I honestly didn't know what else I would do with myself. Laying around didn't sound appealing since I had been driving all day, and wanted to stretch my legs out. It was WAY too hot for a run so I opted for one of my trusty random circuits! 

Here's what I ended up doing

10 standing shoulder press
100 high knees
10 spider push-ups
20 alternating bicep curls
100 jumping jacks
25 jumping lunges
20 box lunges (10 per leg)
Sprint up&down stairs 5 times
100 mountain climbers
25 kettle bell swings
50 russian twists
100 jump rope
25 jump squats
Sprint up&down stairs 5 times
*Repeat!

Then, I finished off my workout with 30 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill. I do about 3.5-4mph at a 10% incline to really work my abs and quads. My legs needed stretching out after driving all day! For sprinting up and down the stairs, my staircase is about standard I think with 15 steps or so. The end of the circuit was brutal with going straight from the jump squats to sprinting the stairs! I did two rounds of the circuit which took me about 30 minutes and then with the walking it was a total of an hour workout. 

I'm glad that I got it done! It was definitely needed after the long weekend plus I know I indulged a lot. I have no regrets, though, and I'm back on track! 

I easily could have just skipped my workout but really I'm the type of person that doesn't know what else to do with all that extra time haha! I still had plenty of time to get my other stuff done, and more importantly catch up with Layla. Yeah I know I sound crazy but we were able to get in some good quality time! For example:

1. Give Layla a billion kisses as she tackles me when I get in the door
2. Get dressed to workout while she smells everything in my bags
3. Tell Layla how much I missed her as she tackles me again
4. Workout while Layla tries to play wrestle with me
5. Finish workout and give Layla more kisses
6. Snuggle with her as I wait for dinner to cook 
7. Shower and unpack. All while singing along to my music and adding Layla's name in place of certain lyrics (no shame, none at all)
8. Put in a load of laundry as she follows me around
9. Pack my lunch for work while Layla tries to sleep on my feet
10. Promise her that I'll never leave for four whole days again.

Basically as soon as I came home she was glued to my side. It was funny because Amanda was convinced the poor thing was depressed all weekend while I was gone! It was so sweet after Amanda and my mom came home since the three of us caught up on Food Network's Spring Baking Championship. I finally let myself lay down on the couch and as soon as I did Layla hopped up to snuggle! It was different than usual, though, and melted my heart. She curled up on my chest (as best as her 64lb butt could haha) and nuzzled her head under my chin while I had my arms wrapped around her like she was a little baby. Usually when we snuggle she just lays all over me but this time she wanted me to hold her haha! She's such a goofball but I did miss her terribly while I was gone for the weekend.

Now, I'm off to work on catching up on other posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment