Monday, May 18, 2015

Saturday Trip to Bridges!

Hello all! This weekend we didn't have the best weather but Amanda and I were still able to squeeze in a quick trip to pick up some plants on Saturday morning before the storms hit. There's a local farm that's about 15 minutes from our house that my aunt introduced us to about two years ago now. They grow all the vegetables and flowers, and then sell them for people to plant in their own gardens.

Since Amanda has been determined to get her garden to be successful this year, we made our annual trip this past Saturday!


They have a ton of variety of vegetable plants to choose from! There's also plenty of fresh herbs, and a whole other greenhouse for flowers. 


Someone rode along for the trip! She loves car rides and does so well. She hung out in the car since you can park right in front of the greenhouses (don't worry we make sure to leave the windows down for her!). We left her in charge of greeting every single person she could as they passed our car haha! 


Also, she just got groomed for the first time on Friday! It was about time since her hair and tail feathers were getting out of control. The lady absolutely loved her and said she did really well! I admit, I got nervous for her since she's never been to the groomers before. But she looks so pretty :)



The way it works is you pick out a cardboard box flat, and fill it up with whatever you want! Amanda picked out a little bit of everything. I told her as long as I get my usual basil plant, I don't really care what else she puts in her garden! 




I also specially requested these guys because I think they're the cutest little flowers! I always like to have some newly planted around the house each summer. I love the bright colors, and how fuzzy they look! 


A new addition this year were the beet plants! I did get really excited when we found those because I love beets, and if they actually grow I'm going to try making my own beet hummus! 


We filled up two flats with everything ranging from basil, parsley, a billion types of tomatoes (I have no idea why Amanda wanted so many haha), beets, and other veggies! 






















But the highlight every year? The fresh asparagus! I have never had better asparagus than what we've found at Bridges. It is so crisp, fresh, and not to mention gigantic! These aren't no flimsy little stalks of asparagus. In fact, I usually don't eat asparagus raw but as soon as we got in the car, I dug in! I shared some with Layla and she loved it, too. It's entirely safe for your dog to eat, so I usually give her the ends of my pieces that are a little tougher. She's not picky at all so she doesn't mind one bit!

I love going to Bridges because I think it's great to be able to hand-pick your produce from an actual farm, and the prices are so reasonable! The other reason I like going is the owners also breed Rottweilers and they honestly have some of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen. Last year when we went the guy was showing me one of the puppies and if Amanda wasn't there to stop me, Layla would have gotten a Rottie sister haha! Their dogs are so pretty and sweet, I keep telling Amanda that one of these times I'm actually going to get one! My dog craziness cannot be contained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment