Tuesday, May 5, 2015

HIIT Circuit & an Easy 2 Miles

I've been taking it easy on the running front since this time around I want, no need, to make sure that I allow my injury enough time to heal. It was definitely disappointing to sit out on all the fun this past Sunday while I knew the Pittsburgh Half and Full marathons were going on, but life goes on! There will always be races waiting for me so I need to focus on my health. 

In the mean time, I'm focusing on lifting and developing my own workouts which has been a lot of fun! Amanda and Margot are being my test-clients because in the long-run I just have all kinds of plans. Just dreams right now but honestly I would be so thrilled if it all came together like I'm hoping! We'll just have to see :) 

After my HIIT workout yesterday morning, I threw in an easy 2-miler because my foot can handle that without any problems. It's only when I get over about 5-miles and if I run on a regular basis. I can handle about 1-2 runs a week but I hardly even do that. It's probably once like every other week as of lately. 

Anyway, it was the perfect morning and I just couldn't resist! The sun was already coming up even though it was only 6am, and it was nice and chilly around 45 degrees without any humidity. That's my type of running weather!! 



I honestly couldn't believe how light out it already was! It's funny how that's been happening lately because it makes me feel like I'm going to be super late for work. When I used to leave around 7:30 it wasn't ever this light out so now I have to get used to it, and remind myself that I'm not late. Not complaining, though, since I'm glad I don't have to run in the pitch black anymore!

I also didn't take Layla with me since the lazy bean crawled in to Amanda's bed after we woke up so she could go back to sleep haha! I honestly didn't think she would notice that I was gone but as soon as I got home she was right there on the stairs and came running over to greet me. 

And then once she smelled me and figured out what I had done without her she pouted...


I swear this dog is such a goon! She was so tuckered out yesterday morning because the goofball has a new fan club that tired her out Sunday night. My sister helps out with the youth group at the church next to us, and all the girls were begging Amanda to bring Layla over so they could see her. As usual Layla LOVED them, and was so thrilled to be sitting in the middle of a circle of people going crazy over her. I've actually been looking in to getting her trained and certified as a therapy dog because she seriously has such a love for people. I've witnessed first-hand how big of a role she played in my mom's recovery that I figured it would be selfish to keep all of her love to ourselves! Getting her trained and certified also has something to do with my future dreams, but in the mean time I'd love taking her places to volunteer and help out others who might need her. At this point I know for a fact she would not pass since one of the first qualifications is not getting excited hahaha but she definitely has the friendliness and easy-going temperament requirements triple-checked! 

Tonight I'm off for my final BSF class which I'm definitely going to miss it on Tuesday nights! In the fall, they're starting a whole new study on Revelations which has never been done before, so if you're interested you can check on their website for classes near you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment