Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Favorites #18

Good morning everyone! I forgot to post this last Friday before my trip to Connecticut so these are a mesh of favorites from the past two weeks!

1. Surprise from Rachael!

Can we talk about how Rachael is THE SWEETEST person ever?! She sent me and Amanda a box full of goodies, and I can't thank her enough! I'm so thankful that I've been able to connect with her since it was a happy coincidence that I found her when one of her recipes got featured on a blog I follow regularly. I don't think it was actually a coincidence at all because her friendship has become such a wonderful blessing in my life! In fact, we're hoping to plan a little road trip soon this summer to meet in person because that needs to happen! The package was so thoughtful and sweet. She included so many yummy things that me and Amanda have been in snack heaven! Plus, everything was gluten-free so Amanda could enjoy everything too!






















2.Kashi Hummus Crisps

So remember when I found a love for Special K barbecue crisps? Well, these hummus ones are even better! My coworker and I had to take a bit of a road trip last week for a home visit to see a participant. It doesn't happen all that often but we had to drive about an hour and a half both ways which meant it was a little road trip! On our way back we stopped at a Sheetz for some snacks since what's a road trip without snacks? I found these Kashi crisps and fell in love!


3. Amazon phone cases 

I will admit that I can be pretty cheap, and will save money wherever I can. This often means that I will sacrifice quality on certain things where I don't really consider spending a lot of money on something that is better quality completely necessary. For example, phone cases. I have never spent more than $5 on a phone case because I just don't see the necessity. I go straight on Amazon, and get all my cases on there! I make sure that they all qualify for free shipping which actually is more common than you might think. I hardly ever pay for that much shipping on Amazon because I'm able to find distributors that don't charge. I have been perfectly happy with all my phone cases that I've gotten from Amazon! I've have my iphone 5 for the past two years, and have probably spent a total of under $20 for all the phone cases I've put on it combined. They don't break either! I'm pretty easy on phones meaning I've never broken one (fingers crossed) so I don't worry about using cheaper cases. I love all the fun colorful options I can find, and I usually get the hard cases that sort of snap on to your phone. I've had nothing but success and highly recommend them!


This is the one I have on my phone currently! 


4. The Platinum Pooch

So I had mentioned before that Layla recently got groomed for the first time. We took her to the Platinum Pooch since my aunt takes Lola there all the time. In the past with our other dogs, we've done the grooming services at say PetSmart or Petco but never at a private groomer. We've never had a longer haired dog so professional grooming was never really a priority. Well, Layla is pretty much a long-haired polar bear and requires a lot more grooming attention! I was really happy with both the price and quality! When I first called to schedule the appointment, the lady was very helpful and professional. She wanted all sorts of information and things about Layla. I also like that she makes sure all of the dogs that come in to her are up to date on their vaccines and such. I'm not sure if that's a basic policy because like I said, we don't have much experience with groomers, but I think it's a good idea! We had to bring in proof of Layla's vaccinations for her appointment. The groomer adored Layla (as most people do haha), and said she did really well. As soon as we mentioned she was half-sisters with Lola, the lady was sold! Lola's wonderful reputation always proceeds her!

5. Psalm 42:11

"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again- my Savior and my God!"

I love this verse because so often in times of trials or tribulations, we can forget to praise God. It only seems that when something goes our way or when things fall in to place that we think to praise God. Except that's not the only time. We need to remember that God is sovereign and has a plan for each and every one of us. Which means, even in the midst of hardship, he's still miraculous, merciful, loving, faithful, and full of grace. Just because our circumstances might have changed for the worse, God has not. He never changes, and is always there for us. You might be going through a hard time, but there are still things to praise God for, and to be grateful. For example, the fact that he created us, died for us, and loves us. I think those are three pretty big things to be thankful for no matter the situation! Those things are also certainly worthy of praise and worship even if we might be upset about what's going on in our lives. So, I like to keep this verse in mind because it helps me keep things in perspective. I can always put my hope and trust in God because he will never lead me astray or forsake me. No matter what I'm going through, he is still my God and my savior! 

What are some of your favorites from this week??

1 comment:

  1. Awe you're the best!!! Totally made my day to be included in Friday Favorites! Love that bible verse and I LOVE what you said about you! You and Amanda seriously need to write a book or devotional because you write so beautifully about the love of God! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete