Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Favorites #15

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've had a great week, and some fun weekend plans coming up! I know I'm pretty excited because tomorrow morning a group of us from my Bible study are getting together for brunch, and I can't wait! I have my eye on a blueberry muffin recipe that uses greek yogurt that I'll try making in the morning. If all goes well and the girls love the muffins, I'll definitely share it with you guys!

Before I get too side-tracked let's talk about some favorites from this past week: 

1. Relentless Resolutions

I signed up this past week, and I couldn't be more excited! Katie has been my coach since last September and simply put she's amazing and I love her! I joked around with her and say I'll always be the perpetual client that never goes away hahaha. Seriously, she's a total sweetheart and the best coach I've ever had so I keep signing up for all of her programs so we can keep working together. I did her 12 weeks coaching program, then a reverse diet, and now I'm doing Relentless Resolutions! She's been so sweet, loving, and supportive for the past several months that I knew right away she was an answered prayer! I can't wait to see what happens the next two months! I was also really excited once I joined the group to find out that Rachael has been a part of it, too! An awesome surprise :)

2. Julie Klassen

I was the weird girl in high school that enjoyed reading the books like Pride & Prejudice for English class. I've always loved Jane Austen, and I've read all of her books! By the way, if you love her too and have a kindle, all of her books are free on Amazon! Just a friendly tip :) anyway, I really like this author because she does Jane Austen style books but also has a Christian spin on them. It's mostly the usual old English-style romances similar to Austen's style but I like that they're cleaner than the modern-day romance novel (not to mention the lack of vampires haha!). Another cool thing is she'll add in little bits of history that were actually happening around the time of the books so I feel like I'm learning stuff, too. I'm currently reading the Apothecary's Daughter but have already read the Girl in the Gatehouse, the Silent Governess, the Tutor's Daughter, the Maid of Fairborne Hall, and the Lady of Milkweed Manor. I have to admit I got off my Jodi Picoult kick awhile ago because after I read The Pact it just really upset me for some reason. I was not a fan of that one at all, and found it depressing not to mention like the whole plot of the book could have been avoided. I won't say much more because I don't want to give away any spoilers. I've been much happier reading Julie Klassen! My library has been recommending similar authors to her so I'll look in to those, too. 

3. Dark Chocolate PB


I did a double take when I saw this on the shelf at Target because it sounded too good to be true. Amanda told me it's been around for awhile but I've never noticed it before. Probably because it's right next to the Jif whips and sometimes I get tunnel vision with that stuff. And by sometimes I mean all the times. This stuff is amazing! As soon as I found it, I of course had to show Margot because #TeamPB forever and not to mention dark chocolate! Two of my favorite things combined in one jar? Yes please!

4. Cashew Milk


I've been seeing people rave over cashew milk, and I have to say I'm there with them! I found it at my Target last weekend, and I'm sad to say it only lasted about 4 days because I went a little crazy with it. I put it in everything I could think of: overnight oats, cereal, pancakes, my protein smoothies, and quite possibly just straight out of the carton (I regret nothing). I love the texture, and I do agree that it's creamier than almond milk. I honestly don't prefer almond milk or cashew milk, both are great! I'll drink either over milk any day. I've never been a big fan of milk, though. My mom is the type of person that can have a glass of milk with spaghetti and pasta sauce at dinner which would make me gag! Almond & cashew milk > any kind of milk. 

5. Quote of the Week

"If you find yourself in a pickle, just eat it."
~my 17 year-old cousin Jake

I wish you guys knew my cousin because as soon as I got the text from Hannah giving us life advice from Jake I started cracking up. It's such a typical Jake thing to say, but you gotta love the kid. I don't think he meant anything deep by it, but the more I thought about it this week the more I realized he had a good point. Even though he was joking, the quote has a simple lesson. I, for one, can easily over-stress even over the little things so much that I can get myself in to a pickle. I talked about it last week, but it's something I have to work on every single day. I like this quote because no matter how bad a situation might seem, there's a way out. I'm not saying it is an easy way out or would be the first option, but there's a way. There is always a way, and that's something that I have to work on trusting God. He will never put me in a situation that I can't handle or get out of, and more importantly He will never leave me. So the next time I find myself in a pickle, I just have to eat it! Metaphorically speaking, of course, haha unless it happens to be an actual real-life pickle like the kind you get at Jimmy John's. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Their pickles are the best! Sorry, I get side-tracked way too easily but I hope you get what I'm trying to say! There will always be a way out of the pickle, even if at first it might seem hopeless. Keep up the faith!

What are some of your favorites this week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment