Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Marathon Training: Week 1

Okay, so I just finished up my first week but I wanted to share the general plan of what I'll be doing each week. It's a free online training plan that my friend followed for her first marathon and she recommended it to me! There's all sorts of plans for different races and you can check them all out here

I'm following the days a little bit differently just because of my own schedule. For instance, I do my long runs on Saturdays and not Sundays. My rest day is also Sunday and not Friday. Another thing is I do not really cross-train in the traditional sense such as doing biking or swimming rather than running. According to my own schedule, cross-training is pretty much leg day and that's the way I'm going to keep it. It's supposed to be an aerobic exercise buuut that just means more supersets and going heavier, right?! ;) Seriously, though, it does get my heart rate sky high! And that's pretty much the same thing to me. 

I'll also post more updates about supplemental nutrition like when I get to about week 7 and I'll have to incorporate more higher carb days. Remember: for every hour you run, you can add 50g of carbs back in your macros (hello #carbcity). I can't wait for those days!! Hi my name is Sam and I'm a carboholic. 

Speaking of that and completely random change of subject but it made me think of a joke that Amanda showed me the other day. 


She loved it because she's a crazy cat lady. Like I wish there were support groups because I'd send her to one. I love her dearly but no I will not allow her to start her "collection" of cats. She's like with Pokemon GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL. 

Anyway, back to real-life, I'll make sure to post my progress on here and any useful tips or information I find along the way. You know I'm a total Google and research fanatic so I'll definitely be doing my homework along the way. 

Happy Wednesday loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment