Tuesday, January 13, 2015

These Delts Are on Fireeeee

Disclaimer: before I start this post I should warn you. You will be singing Alicia Keys by the end of it and if you don't like her, you probably should stop reading now. 

I should also warn you that I may or may not but probably am definitely really hyper right now. I think it's from all the endorphins from my workout plus the giant cup of coffee I'm drinking. It also helps that I just found out I have a three-day weekend coming up which is always welcome news!

Okay, okay, okay you didn't click here to listen to my random ramblings so I'll make this post worth your time. 

Here's the shoulder/chest workout that I did this morning! You can do this all at home with dumbbells, and trust me you'll still get results. I've done every single one of my shoulder workouts at home, and I've seen plenty of growth and progress! It's just about finding alternatives that you can do with dumbbells rather than equipment at the gym. 


Pictured are the 20lbs but if I take the little plates off each end then they become 15lbs orrr I can add on more plates to make them heavier! I do all of my shoulder exercises with a range of 15-25lbs. It may not sound heavy but I've come a long way in the past six months from using 8-10lbs! 

So, here's the workout: 
circuit: x15 upright rows, x10 lying chest press, x10 lateral raises, x10 push-ups, x10 standing overhead press (repeat 3 times)
3x10 rear delt flyes SS 3x10 front raises
3x10 seated military press SS 3x12 lying chest flyes
3x10 incline press (I sat on the floor and leaned against the couch)
3x10 seated arnold press
Finish up with 3 sets of 10 push-ups

My delts were on FIRE by the end of this workout! Ya know the song "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys? Well, during my workout I kept singing in my head "These delts are on fireeee" because only God knows why my brain even thought of that and it's still stuck in my head...

Needless to say, trying to wash my hair in the shower this morning was a fun experience because all the shampoos and conditioner are on the top shelf, naturally. I don't care, though, because it's been an awesome week so far! It's normal for everyone to have good and bad workouts but I'm on a roll with killer workouts this week!

Have a happy Tuesday my dears! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment