Friday, January 16, 2015

The Return of Friday Favorites!

So it's been quite some time since I've done a Friday Favorites but I finally remembered today! I told you that I would definitely forget on occasion but I'll try to get back on track. 

1. Drops In the Ocean by Hawk Nelson

I am positively OBSESSED with this song right now, hands down my new favorite! As soon as I heard it on the radio, it was one of those songs that make you go heck yes!! I love the message, the melody, the lyrics, the beat, just everything about it. I pretty much stalked the release of it on iTunes because it wasn't out at first when I heard it on the radio. It was a very stressful time for me just constantly hoping/waiting for it to come on the station!! My mom and Amanda knew when it did because all of a sudden they'd hear a random blast of sound as I cranked up the volume when it would finally play! #sorryI'mnotsorry

You can listen to the song here!

2. Running In Winter

"Is she crazy?!" Nahhh, I just like the cold! Okay that still probably sounds crazy to most people but I really do love running when it's colder out. I ran last Saturday at a whopping 0 degrees (actually felt like -13) but I would take that over an 80 degree and high humidity run any day! I'm not a big fan of the heat at all and the thought of living in a place like Florida or the southwest just does not appeal to me. As long as there's no ice to contend with, I prefer running in the winter. There's something about running in the early mornings with freshly fallen snow that soothes me. It's quiet, peaceful, and everything seems right in the world for that moment. 


This is when I went running last Saturday when it was 0 degrees out! At first it looks like I've made all sorts of muscle gains buuuut it's more likely due to the fact that I have two pairs of leggings, two sets of socks (one long, one short) two under armors, one pullover, two headbands, and then my three pairs of gloves. If anything, the winter makes me come up with some interesting and entertaining outfit combinations because it's all about the layers! Matching or not, I literally give zero hoots about how I look. 

3. Parks and Recreation

This show never fails to crack me up! I've been telling Amanda that she needs to watch it for years now, and it was on the other day and she ended up loving it. So, we've ordered the seasons from our local library to watch at home, and are starting from the beginning! I haven't caught up on the latest seasons at all, and I've watched it off and on the past few years so I'm excited to start over and watch the earlier parts that I've forgotten by now. 

4. Crocheting

My new favorite hobby that my dearest Margot recently taught me! I haven't had that much time to work on my latest project of making a pair of fold-over boot slippers but I plan on catching up this weekend. I have Monday off as a holiday so that of course will be designated to going out to breakfast, crocheting, and a good ole fashioned baking session! I know, I go hard. Plus, with crocheting I can now add to my extensive list of hobbies which goes as follows: running, lifting, and crocheting. I need to develop more skills, guys. Wait, do food prep and macros count?! I'm gonna add it to the list anyway. 



The slipper look weird at this stage but I'll post a picture of the final product! I even have little buttons to go on the side :) 

Have a good weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment