Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Latest Pre-Workout Obsession

I am definitely a creature of habit so when I find a food that I like I will keep eating the same thing until I finally get bored and ready for the next obsession. I also get lazy with my macros and if I can eat the same thing the next day without having to plan it out, I'll do it. I have no shame and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one to do it...you know who you are :) 

So my latest thing that I've been eating for breakfast might sound like an interesting combination and I honestly can't tell you how I came up with this idea but I love it. 

It's four things: 
Honey nut Cheerios
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Walden Farms Maple Syrup
Cool whip 

I know it all began a couple months ago when we had so much extra cereal that I started to eat the cheerios to get rid of them. Then somehow I added in the syrup and then cool whip one day to hit my macros. That's usually how it goes because I'll think to myself "Well, what has 2g carbs and 1g fat. Wait, COOL WHIP. Yes, I love when this happens! Now, where can I put that in a meal without it being too random/weird..."

Which is most likely how I got to putting it in my cereal in the mornings. I have no idea if that's how it actually happened because I don't remember but I know myself well enough to guess that's probably how my mind worked.

So for this little concoction, I use however much Cheerios I need for the day (about 1/2-2/3 cup), 1-2 tbsp of almond milk, drizzle of syrup, and about 2-3 tbsp of cool whip. I don't use all that much almond milk because I don't want it to be like ordinary cereal with milk. This way it turns out more kinda of like a parfait almost since using less almond milk doesn't make it too soggy.

This always hit the spot for breakfast before my workouts, and I have it every morning. That is until I get bored with it and find something else...but for now I'm going to enjoy it! 


It's also great for a bedtime snack when I'm in the mood for something sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment